We define our curriculum as the entirety of learning experiences our children receive at Blidworth Oaks, extending beyond just the statutory frameworks of The National Curriculum (2014) or the Early Years Foundation Stage. We strive to support children to grow into positive, responsible people, who can work and cooperate with others while at the same time developing their knowledge and skills, in order to achieve their true potential. At Blidworth Oaks we seize every moment to plan experiences that will meet our children’s needs and reflect on how our curriculum is serving the needs of our children.
The Aims of our Curriculum are to:
- Develop our seven core school Values: Aspiration, Inspiration, Integrity, Inclusion, Resilience, Respect, Responsibility
- Fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum (2014), the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Locally Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education
- Develop learning skills (Learning Power) in our pupils to support them with making the most of their education; skills that are transferable into the later lives
- Drive for high standards of learning and attainment
- Support our children with keeping themselves safe
- Give children access to a wide range of experiences in all areas of life
- Inspire, excite and motivate our children
- Link the lives of our children with the Local Community, the National Community and the Global Community in order that they can make a positive contribution to them all
Please use the links below to view the coverage of our academic and wider curriculum:-
Please see individual class pages on this website for an outline of the trips and experiences we have planned for each curriculum topic.