Coronavirus - School Information
Current School Guidance (as of 18/03/2020)
- Anyone showing symptoms of Coronavirus must now self-isolate for 14 days along with all other members of that household regardless of whether they are showing symptoms or not. The symptoms are still being described as a ‘new, continuous cough’ and/or a ‘high temperature’ (over 37.8 degrees).
- In line with this new guidance, for some families this will mean extending their original 7 day isolation period. It may also mean that siblings will need taking out of school as part of the 14 day isolation period for the household.
- You must follow this guidance. Please keep us informed at the school office. If children or staff begin to show these symptoms in school, we will be sending them home.
Current School Action
- We continue to enforce good hygiene at the school with all children, staff and visitors to the premises. We are also providing additional cleaning hours to ensure that things like door handles and regularly used surfaces/objects are cleaned thoroughly.
- We are now tracking isolation periods for children and staff. Therefore, if you are unsure when your child’s 14 day isolation period ends, please contact the school office.
- We are preparing for a potential school closure at some point. Please see previous Coronavirus update letters (on website) for information on how we intend to continue your child’s education as best we can in the event of a school closure.
- Please see previous update letters for a list of school event cancellations and postponements. We will be revising of postponed and cancelled events on a daily basis.
- If you are self-isolating and your child is well enough, we will attempt to send work home to you by email or post. However, please bear with us while we do this as, while school remains open, we are also attempting to teach children who are attending school.
Latest Event Cancellations/Postponements
It is with deep regret that we are having to cancel or postpone many of our upcoming school events and activities - both curricular and extra curricular. We will do our best in the future or re-arrange as many of these as possible.
Due to government guidance or our own precautionary measures, the following events are cancelled or postponed: All school trips, all events involving parents coming into school, all trips into the local area, all sports events all events involving large groups of children.
Please contact the school office if you have any further questions.