At Blidworth Oaks Primary School we are committed to promoting the good social, emotional, and mental health of our children, families, and staff.
Within our school staff we have:
· 2 Mental Health First Aiders to run alongside our First Aiders and Paediatric First Aiders
· an Emotional Literacy Support Assistant
· an Emotions Coach
· 3 Drawing and Talking Therapy Practitioners.
This allows us to positively support all our children’s emotional health and wellbeing. We can pro-actively target any specific needs, tailoring support to those that require that little something extra, allowing all children to access, enjoy and thrive to the fullest during their time with us at BOPS.
In addition, we invite some external experts in to work with our children, including:
- Think Children – Who provide vital early help for primary school children in Nottinghamshire who are struggling to cope with emerging emotional, social and/or behavioural issues.
- Lawrence, from Canoville Coaching - Who's programme is designed to raise self-esteem and build confidence through one to one and groups sports sessions.
- Sherwood Area Partnership (SAP)- offering help and advice to primary schools and families in the Mansfield area, working to support the social, emotional, and mental health needs of our children.
Please contact our school office if you require any further information.